Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The White Ash Forest

Okay, this technically isn't a new. It's a small excerpt from a chapter of Sanctuary: World of Nomads.  Blip and April, two children from Sanctuary, enter the White Ash Forest, in search of the witch who lives in it's center. Done with pencil crayon, white paint and photoshop.

Cover
pg1


pg2
pg3


pg4
pg5


Now, you may have noticed that I have a.... lot of story ideas. Some are half written, others have characters all drawned out and others have a few comic pages laid out. Mostly because, over the last 5 years of school, I wanted to try as many new things as I could. Different genres, ratings, character types etc. I would be working hard on one story, and then step away from it so I could try a new genre or character design for an assignment. And then return to an older idea with fresh eyes. On the one hand, it gave me a lot of new experience and great characters that I love so much! On the other hand...

I have at least 20 different ideas now... all different lengths, genres, formats, ratings and completion rates.

But out of all those idea, S: WON is probably the one I've worked longest on because it's such a long story and i started working on it when i had near to no experience in writing. I stepped away from it for the last couple of years, but it pops back up when I had an assignment that really fit the something from the story.

Now that I'm out of school, I can start working on some final drafts. Can't say which one I'll be working first. I'll probably bounce between a few, but I do want to focus on the shorter ones first, and work on the longer ones on the side. Soon, Sanctuary. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment