Monday, February 13, 2012

The Voodoo that Won't Do ...plus some happy news


Hello everyone!

Latest pic over at SlugLady's Sketch-Log! It's for the article, The Voodoo that Won't Do, where I take a look at the feminism and sexism in the DC's New 52. Oh, and this article is MATURE. NOT FOR KIDS. The fact that the characters have cleavage should be a sign because I never draw cleavage on these kinda characters.

... And yet, this was one of the most amusing sketch-log pieces I've ever done.


And with that said... I am officially announcing that my hiatus is over!

...Yes, I know I say that every other day. But I'm not talking about just the past month. I'm talking about the on-off hiatus i've been on since, well, the last half a year. For those not in the know, from the summer  to January, I have been going through several issues (medical wise, money wise, job wise, stress wise, life-has-a-sick-sense-of-humor wise) which got so bad that much of my art had to be put on the back burner.

What I didn't realize, however was that I was in complete denial about all of this, hence why I was constantly promising more and more product, without anything to show for it.

But finally my life has settled enough that I can finally start working on all these projects I've been talking about for a while, including my web-comic, some personal pieces and some surprises. How do I know I'm not still in denial?

Because for the last few weeks, I have been drawing. I have been drawing my little heart out. And writing. For hours on end. And it was awesome. I haven't been able to do any hardcore writing or drawing for ages. I feel some normalcy returning to me. And hopefully it keeps up.

So lets try this again, shall we? I'll be updating once a week, at all my sites, with whatever I can---sketches, doodles, big pieces, etc.

Cross you're fingers ;) And thank you to everyone who's been showing me so much support over the last months!

Seeya, 
 Tegan Dumpleton aka SlugLady28

No comments:

Post a Comment