Friday, June 8, 2018

My plans for July and THE EDMONTON PRIDE PARADE! YAY!

Hey all! First up, thank you to everyone that sent me support after that last post.

As for me, I`m kinda back. Slug At Work and all my other projects are still on hiatus (only on the internet, I`m still working on things IRL). But I`m breaking the "radio silence" I mentioned. Mainly because tomorrow is a very important day, and I'm one in a few voices that need to speak tomorrow. More on that at the end of the post.

I honestly don't want to talk about what happened and why I have chosen to go on hiatus for the next month. But I'll still be on twitter and facebook, where is the best place to go for any updates.

However, while I'm taking care of myself, I am still working on things. I will say that one thing I am upset about is that May... didn't really go as planned. I promised big things for may and didn't really have anything to show for it. So, I'm hoping July will be different. 

At the moment, I make no money off of my art, and if I want to put out things on a regular basis, I need to start. One reason for the hiatus is that I need money. And when I focus on my day job, my art suffers because of it.

My goal for July is to finally have a business up and running. That means a new, professional website for slug at work, a book cover I'm currently doing for a family member, a patreon, opening commisions and--- because I've been asked for it--- an actual STORE where you can buy prints of my work. And, with any luck, Slug At Work Chapter 1. 

These are my goals. Cross your fingers, cause I'm gonna need it.

Now, about WHY I'm going to be very vocal on social media tomorrow.

IT'S THE PRIDE PARADE IN EDMONTON!

And, I'm not sure I've mentioned this, but I am Asexual. Or rather, Grey Ace, is the proper term for me. It means that I do not have the sexual drive or even the same amount of interest in sex as other people. Like, at all. People that are purely asexual don't want anything to do with sex. And we aren't really known that well in the LGBTQ+ community. In fact, some people in the LGBTQ+ community don't even think we're real (ironic, huh?).

And as far as I can tell, there is one (maybe) official Asexual facebook group for Edmonton, but it's not very active, and there is definitely not a float in the parade. Oh, we are out there, THAT I know for sure. Because SOMEONE has been buying up all the asexual flags around town and it's not me.  (That said, I'm probably just really bad at looking. Socially awkward, remember)

So tomorrow, I'm going to do the scariest thing I have ever done. I'm going to turn myself into a giant asexual signal flare. That's right. ME. The socially awkward, socially inept basement artist, is going to try to attract other asexuals out of the crowds of people at the pride tomorrow.

How I am I going to do this? Well, along with wearing the colors of the asexual flag (black, grey, white, and purple), I'm also going to be carrying a BOUQUET OF ACE OF SPADE BALLOONS, during the parade. I'm not gonna be walking in the parade, but I can at least do this much.

I'll also be posting Asexual related videos on my twitter tomorrow (sorry facebook).

So, yeah, if you're at the Edmonton pride parade tomorrow, and you see me come to say hi! Especially if you're Asexual! Let's see how many of us can find each other tomorrow!


Oh lord, I can't believe I'm doing this. My therapist is gonna do cartwheels when she finds out.

No comments:

Post a Comment