Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Pulp fantasy parody


For those that aren't familiar with me, you might notice that I have a lot of stories in the planning stages. One reason for this is withheld due to spoilers for future plans. The other is because I like to experiment with different genres and bounce back and forth between them keeps my mind fresh. If I'm in a scifi mood, i have Galactic Adventures, fantasy mood-- Sanctuary: WON. So even if I'm working on one main story, I have the others to give me a small break.

Which is where this girl comes in! Because after researching costumes for the redesigns I'm working on, and writing about what makes a sexist costume, I was suddenly over come with the urge to draw a character wearing something skimpy and demeaning... for comedic purposes of course. ;) 

Meet Larielie-- a damsel in distress that never ever ever gets rescued, but just gets constantly captured! The final design for her is the one there in the bottom, having to deal with her new, poor living conditions. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to do a full story with her, but for now, she'll be appearing in short, one shot images, much like my avatar does over at sluglady's sketch-log.

Okay, that's it for now! Seeya guys next week because today, I'm off to Calgary and the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo!! I am wholly over come with nerves and excitement. It looks like I won't be bringing business cards, but... I'm sure it'll be fine.... right? right? 

Seeya guys!
 Tegan Dumpleton aka SlugLady28

(BTW...You guys like the new layout?)

No comments:

Post a Comment